Thursday, September 9, 2010

My Turn

This last Tuesday it was my turn to share in our weekly chapel time. The audience is comprised of staff, interns and volunteers.
I knew I didn't have much time, but one of the things I really wanted to share was the new Beersheba Video. I'm not tech. savy...at all. I get in front of a computer and usually something weird happens. It freezes, or the mouse stops working, or I lose what I've been working on. You know, things like that.
So, this particular day, I got up early, checked the video on the website and it worked perfectly. I was relieved that I wouldn't have to bother with bringing my computer, because they had one set up already. All I head to do was type in the address.
When the time came, I strolled confidently to the front, expecting all to go well.
I typed in the web address. The webpage came up. Beautiful. Then I clicked on the Beersheba Video picture and nothing. Blank, white, screen. A few people shouted out advice. After 3 or 4 minutes I think everyone in the room had time to give some sort of advice about how to get it running. Then someone got up and said "you go ahead with your talk while I fiddle with it". Ten minutes into my talk, we all knew, there would be no video. Bummer, since this was going to be the main attraction of my talk.
Oh, well. These are the types of things that cause us and force us to trust in Jesus in every situation. I had a choice to get bitter and let it ruin my day and walk around in self pity or just bring it to God and move on. Turns out I had more time to share about the ministry we were involved in this last term and what we will be doing next term with the Beersheba Project.

Here's the video link. Hope it works. Its pretty cool, I think.

Beersheba Project from Austin Mann on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment